Thursday, May 13, 2010

Viva Vegan!

I was so excited when I got to use my birthday gift card for Viva Vegan! a few weeks ago. Their website said they weren't carrying it in stores, but when I went in they had it! It always pays to check! There is a lot I want to make. The cookbook is full of things I've always wanted to be able to cook! Tamales? check. Churros AND Sopaipillas? check, check! Tortillas? CHECK!

I've already made the red and white seitan multiple times. These recipes have completely removed my seitan fears. I've varied the dough (wetter/more dry) and every time they come out perfectly. I've even converted my mom from tofu to seitan. She is coming up next week to learn to make it.


My first Viva Vegan! meal was Home-Style Refried Beans (my favorite, favorite thing), cilantro-lime rice, pan-grilled vegetables in chile-lime beer, and the chipotle-seitan-and potato tacos, and corn tortillas. Everything was beyond amazing and easy to make. I'm already planning my next meal.


This is the doodle bug waiting patiently for bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment